Sunday, May 1, 2011

Birthday Weekend and Mayday

Well I did ok on my diet this weekend. After 3 birthday parties I would say I avoided half of the bad food that I could have had. I did about an hour on my bike Sat and pretty much took today off.  The one big thing I could have avoided was my after church snack. Today instead of cookies they had donuts and of course the kids wanted them and I had one. Ok maybe it was more I wanted one and the kids didn't mind. We were going to go to the Mayday festival but it was just to darn cold. It felt like it was 20 out and it was lightly snowing on the way to church. Passing on the festival cut out some junk food, I am sure the kids and I would have had some cheese curds and a foot long corn dog.
     Sat we were at a bar and I kept away from junky bar food. I had 2 ciders and bought some  chips and curry dip for my friends and I. My wife ate most of the chips but I did have a couple. Instead of burger king after the bar I did wait until I got home and had a turkey sandwich with one piece of bread. I figure that saved me 500 calories over what I would have had at BK. 


    On the not so good side I also ate some candy, only two days after thinking to myself I was going to give it up at the dentist.  The party we were at on Saturday was a kids birthday party and my kids got big bags of candy. I don't know why I think its ok to keep candy from my kids and not let them eat more than a piece or two then eat a bunch myself. I really just need to get candy out of the house as soon as I can after it comes into the house. The same goes with cookies and cakes to. I know I need to work on will power but I also need to keep temptation out of my life.


     This week I am really going to try and kick my weight loss into shape. I am pledging to not eat any candy and to push away the fat junk food and at the same time amp up my workouts and drink lots more water.

No comments:

Post a Comment