Monday, May 16, 2011

Losing some weight time to Ride

Well I am done with the Meltdown. I think I am down about 12 pounds in the last 12 weeks.  It's not bad but it's also not great.  I am done with classes at my club for a while and now I am on to biking outdoors and some running. I did a 21 mile bike ride yesterday, I discovered it is 11 miles from my house to the  front gates of Bearpath. 
    I think the main thing I need to work on is portion control. I have been pretty good about cutting bad for me foods out of my diet. We eat a lot of organic food. My wife is a vegetarian so we don't eat much meat in our house. We have decided to cut out fast food all together to cut food bills. My hope for this summer is before the Red Ribbon Ride I can lose another 20 pounds. 
     We are going to the Black Hills of SD in June and we do quite a bit of hiking and if I watch what I eat the weight will naturally come off. Just like it did when I backpacked Isle Royal with mom last fall. I planted the garden this week. Well at least the tomato's and the hot peppers so those will be a staple of my diet soon. I have found some motivation to lose weight now I just need to keep it and find more. No more candy in the house, more exercise , and the kids being home for the summer soon should help. Hopefully. It is so much easier to eat less food than it is to try and exercise it off. When I was younger it seemed to work but not anymore. I fight to keep myself from trying some new diet pills that I know will fail eventually. I just want a healthy body that will last me a long time and I am on the road to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment