Monday, April 25, 2011

Trying to lose some pounds

So here is my first blog post on trying to lose weight. I have gone from Fat to Slim to Fat  again over my life. When  I was little I was thin, when I was a teenager I gained some weight and got a little fat. Then I started into sports and got thin and added a lot of muscle. But what happens when you get done with school, get a job, and have kids. This is my story about trying to lose weight on a day by day basis. I will let you know right off the bat that I am not a slacker and I have tried lots of diets in the past. I am no slacker in the gym either but I have been having a  real problem with losing weight.
     When I had my first kid I went from 215 and 4.5% body fat to adding 90 pounds in a year. I took all but about 40 of that off before I had my second but then I gained more and had some little life issues get in the way of my working out.  I am just a normal every day guy who wants to lose weight. As I write this I am in a weight loss contest called the Melt Down  at my health club, I am at 25% body fat, not bad for what I weigh but nothing like where I want to be. Last fall after watching Food Inc I gave up corn syrup in my diet, then I started cutting sugar out as much as I can. This spring we started going organic with eggs, meat, and milk and I don't know what to cut next.
     I do a fair amount of cardio and free weights but it never seems to be enough to make me lose much. I have been doing a daily food log and it helps  keep me on track but I do slip off more than I would like on weekends or on bad days at work.
    I have 2 kids, live in the burbs, have a dog and a wife that likes to eat a lot of rice and pasta and never gains weight. She lost her baby weight in 4 weeks after both of our kids and needless to say I did not.


No comments:

Post a Comment