Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Rainy Day in Mn Twins Game Tonight


This is the second time writing this, the first time I hit a button on my computer and it all went away =).
It’s a rainy day in MN the kind of day you don’t really want to do much. I am going to get a good work out in today. I have been a little torn between doing heavy weight workouts and keeping it to cardio. I know you need cardio to lose weight but you also need muscle and you build muscle the fastest with heavy weight bearing workouts. You also burn more calories for  each pound of muscle you have. I know when it gets warmer out I will be on the bike a lot and that will help the cardio. I plan on getting on my bike almost every day this summer. 
So today for breakfast I had two organic eggs and to pieces of Ezekiel bread toast  dry (no butter) and 2 cups of coffee. sometimes I wonder if my coffee is making me fat. I had a professor once tell me that the acid in coffee promotes belly fat and that I should drink green tea with lemon. I know I stopped drinking coffee for a couple of months and I did lose weight. But I don’t know if it was from the not drinking coffee or that I used to drink mocha’s a couple of times a week. I have since started drinking coffee again but I drink it black at home with just a little organic skim milk. If I get coffee at a shop I often get a depth charge and have some half and half and honey in it. I said before that I gave up sugar, I did but its hard and I do have a candy  from time to time. We keep honey and organic maple syrup at our house that we use sparingly but we don’t use sugar in anything other than baking and even then not much.
My big thing is trying to figure out what to cut out that will really make me lose weight or how I need to change my workouts to really make change.

No comments:

Post a Comment