Friday, December 8, 2017

Sledding in the snow with the Walking dead and Protein waffles lets Loppet together

We have SNOW in Minnesota. Seems funny to be as excited about it as I am but we have not had enough snow the last couple of years. The last 2 nights I have been out sledding with my kids. I really enjoy getting out, the snow makes everything so fresh and clean and white!!!



I want to do some fat tire biking this winter. I know the Loppet has some events for bikes and skiing. I am going to do them, who wants to join me?



Last night I made dinner, it was waffles. I usually make my own but my mom gave me a box of some healthy waffles. The box had a story about their invention and about how hole grains with protein are really good for you. The box also talked about how the modern day pancakes are nothing like the old school flapjacks from times of old. 




I added 6 eggs, and milk to the recipe and it was super. Served with honey or real maple syrup and fruit. It was a dinner everyone loved.

My recipe :
4-6 cups whole wheat flower
1/2 cup flax seed
1-2 cups Greek yogurt
2-4 tsp baking powder
1 cup milk (or more to how think you want them)
3/4-1 cup peanut butter
* if you want a really big protein boos add 3/4cup whey or other protein.

You can eat them fresh or freeze and warm up in the toaster.

I think like the waffles we have changed much of our food into processed garbage and we don't even think about the changes. We need to get back to cooking whole food that are not full of sugar or worse corn syrup.

I have been eating a lot cleaner this week and getting my cardio in. I purchased the 7th season of the walking dead for my daughter and we watched an episode last night while I walked on the treadmill. I love movies and walking. No better way to get in some low impact endurance cardio under the belt.

Tonight I am going to do the same. Sled, walk then clean for friends coming over Saturday. I will also spend some time writing Christmas cards. I love this time of year and now that my foot is feeling better I can really get my exercise groove on!

I hope you have a super weekend and keep up all of the great work!

Happy Friday!

-Gabe

No comments:

Post a Comment