Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Sledding in the Snow with Kids, Kickboxing Zombies, Rock climbing and Running



I have been doing it!  My weigh is stable and I am down a little. I have been working out every day and adding weight to my free weigh lifts. Working in a lot of dead lifting both with dumbbells at home and with bumper plates at the gym. I love to hit the gym but I always need to work out from home.




We have had two snow bouts so far this winter and we have fully embraced them both. Getting out sledding with the kids is one of the real joys of winter. It's also a great way to be outside in the winter and get some exercise. If you don't think so just try it. Running up a hill with a sled, zooming back down and getting up so you can run up the hill again. What a fun way to burn calories while having fun with the kids in the winter.

I have also been getting back into kickboxing. I created a little drill on Friday where I pretend the heavy kickboxing bags are zombies and I have to fight my way past them to get to safty. Wow this is a crazy hard workout. I ran my kids through it this weekend and they not only loved it but thought it was very hard.

Watch the Zombie Kickboxing drill


Sunday we went to REI to return some items and the rock climbing wall was almost empty. We climbed for about an hour. Wow are my arms out of shape for climbing. But I love it so much and now my oldest son does to. We are going to climb at Vertical Endeavors next week for a day. Come join us if you want.



To really drop some weight I have been staying away from candy and sugar. I also added my kale smoothies back into my diet and cut my carbs. Its interesting how hard it can be to eat clean as a parent. My wife does not need to watch what she eats since she is naturally thin. My kids don't like most of the healthy food I need to eat and I end up annoyed and challenged. Will power needs a lot of enforcing over the holidays!

I know I will make it. I love to run and be active. I will keep in shape and fight the battle of the holiday bulge while enjoying all of my free time with the kids.

I hope you enjoy your time and stay happy with yourself.

-Gabe

No comments:

Post a Comment