Monday, July 8, 2013

Red Ribbon Ride and losing weight as I age and have my 4th child!





So here we are a week out from the Red Ribbon Ride. I have not hit my weight loss goal and I am not happy about that. I have maintained pretty good shape below 265 and done a couple of good training rides. I biked 52 miles on the 4th of July and 62 miles Sunday. I am also going to get in 70 miles tomorrow and 72 on Sunday on the Trail of Hope ride Joe Ede puts on. While I have not trained as much as I wanted to this spring and summer I feel I am up for the 300 miles for the ride. I will be about 15 pounds lighter than last year and I have stopped using almost all supplements. My goal for next year is going to do a lot more training. Should be fairly easy since I am not planning on having any surgeries.



I am also 2 months out from being a father of 4! Wow how life changes. I started this blog when I had 2 kids and was 330 pounds and just wanted to lose weight and live better and longer for my kids and myself. I would have never known then that I would be having 4 kids and would be successful at staying in the 260’s.  I remember how tired and depressed I was being heavy and how all I wanted to do was lose some weight that would not come off.



Well here we are 3 years later and I have to keep working. I commit to not a diet but a life style change and not a short term one. I have my downs and I put some weight on but I keep the goal in mind. I want to live an active life and be healthy as long as I can into old age while being here for my family.


What are your goals for losing weight and getting in shape? What are you doing to get to those goals? I find committing to something then telling all my friends is the best way to make sure I stay on track.  



I wish you the best in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment