Monday, April 29, 2013

Starting a little slow, Pain getting better with walking - Shakeology and Gladiator to come



Here I am 9 days out from surgery and I am starting to feel like a human again. I was one of the 1 out of 100 who had a really hard time with surgery. Walking and standing has been very painful and picking up my youngest has not been a possibility. I don't want to scare guys off from getting a vasectomy but share a warning. I would take a week off from work not just two days in case you are like me and have a rough recovery.



All that being said I am feeling about 80% back to normal and I am playing dodgeball tonight. I did a great job of not putting on much weight in the week of no exercise. I cut calories and used smoothies and shakeology to keep from over eating.

Tonight should be interesting at dodgeball, I am going to try to not over exert myself. Eric is going to come play, and I have another friend that may come. If You as a reader of my blog ever want to come shoot me an email.




I am going to start walking on the treadmill next week and resume gladiator Tuesday. I am going to wait another week before I start a round of p90X just to be safe. Part of my consult on surgery was that I should not bike for a month because of pressure in a trauma area. I am getting antsy but I will wait 2 more weeks before I saddle up.





Monday -

So the weekend got busy with work and the weather was nice so I worked in the yard instead of updating my blog. Dodgeball went well, there were only 10 of us so it was a very energetic game. Running was a little hard and I was sore the next day but it was manageable. Next up for easing back into workouts is gladiator tomorrow night.  I know I am not going to do any rolling deck squats, nothing that could lead to tearing internal stitches.

I can't wait to get back into training full boar. I feel so energized when I workout , it helps my mood and overall attitude.


I hope your workouts and weight loss is going well.

Keep up the good work.

-Gabe

http://beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/GABRIELSKELLY

No comments:

Post a Comment