Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Fisherman's Picnic Trail Run 5 Miles -On the Pincushion Mountain Trails overlooking Grand Marais





Well the big 5 mile trail run is the end of the week. I am really excited, I am going to try and do the run in less than an hour. I think the last time I participated was 4 years ago and I did it in a little over an hour. This course is a cross country ski trail all year except for this race. There can be holes a foot deep and a foot of grass in the same spot. The first 2 miles are downhill and the last 3 are all uphill. I am going to run with my camelbak this year, the last time all the walkers had drank all the water by the time I got to the hydration station. I am also going to carry some gue so I don't bonk.  I am excited to track the run with my garmin watch, I am also in a new age group this year so maybe I'll win it 30-35 age :)
MY next post will let you know how I did. I was also still at 269 today.


Keep up the good work and may your weight loss work pay off.


-Gabe

No comments:

Post a Comment