Friday, July 27, 2012

Below 270 Red Ribbon Ride fight AIDS HIV + Grand Marais trail run



Here we are doing "The Gabe" on the Red Ribbon Ride. It was really a great ride this year. I did 297 miles over 4 days to fight AIDS / HIV. The first day I did a century with my friend Steph to the right in the picture. We stopped at Dairy Queen and got a treat. Just as I was going to pay the cashier she said it was already paid for by a friend of the ride. How sweet this was, this was also my 6th year doing the Ride. It was the 10th anniversary of the Red Ribbon Ride and I decided I will ride for 10 years, at least.


     I had a happy moment when I got on the scale the day before the ride. I hit 269.7, getting below 270 has been my target weight since the ride last year. I look at pictures of what I looked like 2-3 years ago and I can't believe I let myself get so big.


     Well the ride rocked,  I ate a little to much and drank a lot of water, I ride with a 100oz Camel pack and 2 20oz bottles. 


The day I got done I was 12 pounds up from the day we started. It did come off this week as my body got back into my regular habits. 


This week, I started running . I did 5 miles at the YWCA Tuesday, 2 Miles with Angie on the trail Wednesday and 3.9 miles on the trail with the kids last night. I am gearing up for the Fisherman's Picnic trail run in a week. It's a 5 mile trail run on the mountain in Grand Marais MN. My wife is going to walk it, my daughter is going to run a mile and my older son is going to run 1/4 mile. It should really be a blast.


     Last night as I was running I thought to myself. WOW it is nice to be able to run again. I never want to be to fat to run again.  I still need to keep up the diet and exercise but I have come down 50 pounds and that is a long way. I hope you are reaching your goals in this wonderful life. If not, regroup and start at it again. It's not about winning or losing, it's about playing the game.


-Peace


Gabe






No comments:

Post a Comment