Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Meltdown YWCA week 1 Amping up the Hardness



Week one of the meltdown and it happens to be the start of lent. I am going to give up all candy and sugar or sweeteners added to anything I eat. 

 I realized that in my gladiator class I need to start using the heavy weights instead of the lighter ones if I really want to lose more weight. I signed up for boxing on Thursdays for the next 6 weeks on top of gladiator.


  I think I might do the vo2 max test where you run on a treadmill with a mask on hooked up to a computer. The test is supposed to very accurately show the best zones to lose weight and exercise for your body as well as specific basal metabolic rates.

  
I am going to sign up for the march YWCA indoor triathlon. Which means today I start running 2 mile distance runs 3 times a week and the same for swimming 12 laps



I can't wait for the red ribbon ride this year. My goal weight is 270. I think I can hit it with a little hard work and determination. The weekend of fathers day I am doing the Attaboy ride to fight men's cancer (10-65 miles). The day before it is the Day On The Ride for the Red Ribbon Ride where we do 80 miles. 
 



I have really been watching my diet. I realized that I can eat a whole bag of spinach for 80 calories and a whole bag of broccoli for about 120 calories. I often add in a can of white tuna in water for another 120 calories and 26 grams of protein. When you are on a diet you can pretty much eat as much of these foods as you want. I would add to this mustard and pickles, neither of these have significant calories. It now makes sense to me what my grandmother always said to me. If you eat the good calories first you don't have room for the bad calories. How true.


I hope to post again soon.


Keep up the good work,


-Gabe

No comments:

Post a Comment