Sunday, February 3, 2013

2 Hour Spin Super Bowl and influenza b Minnesota Style



It is Super Bowl Sunday and I am in the middle of 35 sweaty people. We are spinning for 2 hours in training for the 11th Minnesota Red Ribbon Ride. In 6 short months the 300 mile ride will be here and so will the heat. I don't think there is much better off season training for Multi day rides than group team training spins. Today I will spin about 40 miles and burn 1500 calories.

I did weigh in for the 2013 meltdown this week. I have about 70 pounds of fat and a 24% body fat ratio with 125 pounds of skeletal muscle mass. This equates to me burning 2500 calories simply being alive on the days I don't work out.

I am really looking forward to the meltdown this year and my goal losing 10 pounds. Tomorrow I start tracking my exact food intake for the next 8 weeks. My diet this weekend is a little off because my middle child has influenza b. 


I have been drinking a lot of orange and green juice. I purchased 6 pounds of cuties at Lunds they were buy one get one free and I have been eating 5 a day. I hope I can fight off getting the flu.

This week I did a 5 hour spin, a 2 hour spin, Gladiator class, burnt 850 calories on the elliptical, played dodge ball, and walked for 2 hours on a treadmill at 10% incline at 3.6 MPH while watching Premium Rush. I hope I can keep this pace up. My friend Tony said I should do more calorie cutting than massive exercise and I think I am going to start that route tomorrow. I think my knees will be able to take it a little more.

I hope you had a super weekend. More to come soon. Keep up the good work fighting fat!

Peace,

Gabe

No comments:

Post a Comment