Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Death by Fat time to Change



Hello Friends.
It's been a week since I posted last. I have gone up and down with my weight. I am hovering about 298. I still feel that I need to get down to below 280. I did however go get a  blood sugar test at the state fair and it said I was not diabetic. I also got my blood pressure take yesterday since I went to the doctor for a cold. It was 120/80, I am not  worried about how I am doing right now. I just want to make sure I have a long life and don't miss out on years in the future because I was too heavy. I have seen what being  overweight does to people when they get old. We lost my grandpa Bob when I was little because of many things but they were complicated by weight, recently we lost my friend Roy who was also a large guy.  I want to make changes now before it is to late for me.
     I think sports teams do a real disservice to big guys, sure we can hit harder in football and throw farther in shot put if we are bigger and have more muscle. But to put on that muscle you learn to eat way to much. I remember years of eating plates piled with chicken breast and chugging protein shakes until I could not hold any more liquid.
     When we get older, have kids, and our metabolisms slow down we need to change everything about our bodies to stay in shape. It means eating less, eating differently, and maybe dropping some pounds of muscle in order to take down overall body weight.
     I want to be able to walk with my own knees, hips, and ankles when I am 50 not with replacement ones because I was to active and to heavy.
    This fall I am pledging to myself to stop the insanity and do something different. I don't know what that is yet but it will happen. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome. When it comes to weight loss , we often fall into cyclical behavior, we diet and exercise and lose weight. Only to re gain it months or even weeks later because we fall off our diet just for a little while.
    I am fed up, I am changing. 
Last fall we cut out corn syrup from our diet, we cut out most meat, we switched to organics, now we are cutting out anything boxed.
    I hope I can make changes big enough to save my life and maybe help others do the same through sharing what I am doing.
    Today I am home sick and didn't really work out, otherwise I am doing 1000 calories a day at the club and some weights. I  know in the new year you will see a leaner, happier me.


Peace,


Gabe

1 comment:

  1. Gabe, your story is touching! We are a wellness company who sells weight loss products and have heard many stories like yours. If there's anything we can do for your, please reach out.

    God Bless,

    Andrea
    hcgtotalfatloss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete