Monday, January 13, 2014

Polar Body Age Time - 15 Pounds to Lose Triathlon and Meltdown 2014 - Body Pump with kids!





The 2014 meltdown starts at the end of the month. I am setting my goal at 15 pounds to lose. I will be racing in the YWCA indoor triathlon the same week the Meltdown starts. I hope to really drop some fat and reset my diet for the year during be Meltdown. We got a little off kilter with our clean eating when we had baby number 4 but now it's time to get back to it.



My training splits have been gladiator Thursday for an hour, lifting for and hour then dodgeball Friday, body pump Saturday, running or walking on the treadmill and bench / back Sunday and Monday off.  Tuesdays and Wednesdays are up in the air but I usually do a cardio mix. Monday through Friday I walk during my lunch break for about 35 minutes. I walk from the Flour Exchange building (where my office is, join me for a lunch walk sometime) to Macy's through the skyways at a good pace.



I really like exercise in the middle of the work day as it wakes me up and gives me more energy for the afternoon. I also split up my meals during the work week. I never eat one big meal for lunch. Usually I have breakfast at home and coffee, then an Emergenc at work with some water and maybe more coffee. Then An hour later I have some fruit and an hour after that some nuts. This usually brings me to lunch where I eat a medium size portion and go for a walk. I usually get a small depth charge at Caribou on my way back from lunch. Then back to work for two hours before I eat a Greek yogurt and finish off my work day with an apple before I head home. I find eating this way gives me the most energy and leaves me feeling the most full. Eating a little something on my way home helps me stay calm and not in immediate need of food when I get home and everyone needs my attention. If I bike home I make a smoothie as soon as I step in the door.



I really can't wait to measure what I am doing. During the Meltdown we weight in and out with the Polar Body Age test and we document every calorie we eat and every hour we sleep and exercise. I find doing this really makes me take a step back and evaluate what I am doing. If you are a YWCA member I really suggest trying the Meltdown.


Remember I started this blog when I had 2 kids to make me lose weight. Well I have lost a lot and shared what I have learned along the way. I don't  even come  close to knowing everything but I know what has been working for me.  Please join me in my efforts to live a healthy life.

   If you are interested in working with me as your beach body coach or meeting up for a workout or bike ride, please click the link below. 

As always keep up the good work, and remember, we are doing this for ourselves and our kids.



-Gabe

No comments:

Post a Comment